Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) is the largest public sector insurance company in India. It was found in 1956 when India passed the Life Insurance of India Act in India. Over 245 insurance companies merged to create a state-owned Life Insurance corporation. LIC conducts recruitments for various positions every year. According to Indian Express article, there was around 650 job openings for LIC AAO (Assistant administrative Officer) cadre. It is an all India open level examination. Candidates planning to make a career in this sector have the opportunity to seek this post. check below for LIC AAO 2017 exam dates, eligibility criteria, pattern.
LIC AAO 2017 Notification, Apply Online, Exam Dates, Eligibility
Tentative dates for LIC AAO 2017:
|Activity||Important Dates to be notified|
|Date of submitting Online application form||December 2016 to January 2017|
|Admit Card availability||February 2017|
|Date of Examination||March 2017|
|Declaration of results||April/May 2017|
Eligibility Criteria for LIC AAO
- Candidate should be an Indian.
- Age of candidate must be 21 years to 30 years (candidates of the reserved category will have age relaxation accordingly).
- Candidate should possess a bachelor degree from recognized college/university.
LIC AAO registration/application and Payment
- Candidates can apply online through official website. Mode of payment is made online
- Application cost is Rs600/- for General Category whereas Rs100/- for reserved category (SC/ST)
- Contenders need to have a scanned photograph and signature before applying
Examination Pattern and Syllabus
- Eligible candidates need to undergo the online objective exam.
- Exam comprises 160 questions for 300 marks
- Duration of exam is 2 hours
- Questions will be from five Sections they include
- Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
- Negative marking is applicable. ¼ mark will be deducted for wrong answering.
- The sectional cutoff is implemented for this exam. Candidates must acquire minimum qualifying marks in each section to get the eligibility for attending Personal Interview.
Note: Official Notification about LIC AAO 2017 is yet to be released. Keep visiting for upcoming updates.